Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble connecting to Hotel Wifi

I have a 2011 Macbook pro with mountain lion and I am currently at a hotel where I am unable to connect to the wifi. To access you select the wifi that you want and open a browser and a login page should show up to allow you to sign in. I never get that page on Safari, Chrome or Firefox. I know it's in the settings, because if I load windows on this computer it works fine, but I would rather use OSX. Any ideas?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 19, 2013 4:48 PM

10 replies

May 19, 2013 8:04 PM in response to mdcar

I have had issues with a few "free" wifi networks that are supposed to work as you describe. In my case, it turned out that they needed you to use their DNS server so that your attempt to connect to any internet connection was first re-directed to their login page. It is possible that there is something similar going on for you. Try setting a new connection profile and removing any custom IP settings you may have, at least long enough to get connected...

May 19, 2013 9:10 PM in response to mdcar

From the menu bar, select

▹ System Preferences... ▹ Network ▹ Advanced... ▹ DNS

Under DNS Servers you should have one or more numerical addresses, such as “192.168.1.1” or “10.0.0.1”. Delete those addresses, then, in the TCP/IP tab, click Renew DHCP Lease. Close the preference pane and save the changes. Try the sign-in procedure again.

Trouble connecting to Hotel Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.