Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have a bad battery?

My iphone 5 is one month old and I cannot talk for 2 hours without my battery dying.

It wasn't like this when I got the phone last month but in the last week - it won't hold any charge. My OLD iphone that is 2 years old has a longer battery life than this with tons of use.

I have been turning ALL of the apps off (which i should not have to do with a one month old phone) and I still can;t get 2 hours of use without the battery dying on me.

tI's starting to annoy me and if my battery is bad I just want to go get a new phone.

Is anyone else having this issue or does anyone know how to check to see if my battery is bad? Any ideas is this can fixed?

Thanks in advance for the help

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 19, 2013 6:47 PM

4 replies

May 19, 2013 6:53 PM in response to akallenberg

As an FYI, very few apps run in the background which are the only apps that can be turned off so to speak. Removing an app that is not running in the background from the recently used apps bar or dock does not turn the app off because it is alreafy off. It just removes it from the recently used apps bar or dock.

If you live near an Apple Store, make an appointment where this can be checked.

May 20, 2013 1:29 PM in response to Allan Sampson

What apps DO run in the background that I can turn off? I went through my settings and turned off everything that I really don't use but even with that I started the morning with 100% - made 2 calls checked some emails and I am atI 44%. It's been plugged in for 30 minutes and went from 43 to 44% battery life. It's ridiculous.

I do live near an Apple store but there is always a huge wait so if there is anything I can try before that I would rather save the Apple store as my last resort.

Can anyone offer some suggestions or steps I can try to see if I can get my battery back to normal? I think this nightmare started after my phone updated to 6.1.4. It even crashed shortly after that and I could not get it to come on. This is so annoying.

Honestly when you pay this much money for a phone you just expect more than to have to deal with stuff like this after one month. Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

Do I have a bad battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.