Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTune store keeps asking for password and will not download

Updated the iTune to the newest edition, 11.0.3.42. Now, when I try to purchase new videos or music, the itune store will repeatedly ask for password, even though I put the password in correctly, the box will pop up again asking for password as if I have not input the password at all. It will not finish the transaction or download. The only way I can purchanse anything is to sign out of iTune store, sign back it and make the purchase. Anyone else experience this problem?

Posted on May 19, 2013 8:42 PM

13 replies

May 21, 2013 4:32 PM in response to Tonytigerking

I am having the same issue. If I close itunes and reopen it, it will start working.

The password screen where it won't take my password is saying download I believe for the button to login where if I close out of itunes,log back in and try the purchase again it says Buy

The button to click is different from the screen that works to the one that doesn't

May 22, 2013 11:34 AM in response to adidahiya

After some back and forth with the customer support, I was told "Apple is currently working toward a resolution for the issue you have reported. You will receive an email after the matter has been investigated and further information is available."

I guess I will have to wait and see. Hope you guys have also reported the problem to the customer support as well, since I was able to get 3 free videos credits out of this.

May 26, 2013 10:13 AM in response to Tonytigerking

Mac book... Having the exact same issue... exact same resolution (work around). Need to log out of iTunes, log back in and purchases work again.... 11.0.3 itunes (42) 64-bit

Re-installation did not fix the problem. It appears to be an Applie / iTunes bug that Apple will need to hopefully address soon.

Apple, in your court.... You fix many other problems quickly, time to fix this one.... Clock is running.

Thanks, Jeff

Nov 28, 2015 4:57 PM in response to Tonytigerking

Annoying popups...I can download music etc...in iTunes on my Windows PC but can't do anything on my iphone 5S.

I keep getting repeated pop up box "Sign in to iTune store".

Can Apple please fix this rubbish as I am on the verge of never ever buying any Apple products again.

Also there are just too many f*#*kin passwords..etc..etc.......please simplify your software Apple..!!

iTune store keeps asking for password and will not download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.