Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share wifi with my iPhone

I'm currrently using a Samsung phone, but I'm thinking to move to the iPhone. According to what my friends say, it's not possible to share wifi with the help of an iphone. Is that so

iPhone 4

Posted on May 20, 2013 5:16 AM

10 replies

Jan 25, 2015 6:00 PM in response to KiltedTim

I had a situation recently where I really needed to share a WiFi. I the hotel where I stayed I had to purchase internet. It was sold not per room, but per device. I needed mostly internet on my iPhone. So I purchased internet only for it. At the same time it would be very convenient to have access on my macbook, my wife's phone and my kids ipad (to make her eat we need sometime put on youtube videos). Paying for all 4 devices daily would be pretty expensive, so at that moment I really needed to share WiFi.

Any ideas?

When you go to Personal Hotspot menu there are options "to connect using bluetooth, to connect using usb" - I tried both but it didn't work.

Jan 25, 2015 6:24 PM in response to AlexMIB100

AlexMIB100 wrote:

I had a situation recently where I really needed to share a WiFi. I the hotel where I stayed I had to purchase internet. It was sold not per room, but per device. I needed mostly internet on my iPhone. So I purchased internet only for it. At the same time it would be very convenient to have access on my macbook, my wife's phone and my kids ipad (to make her eat we need sometime put on youtube videos). Paying for all 4 devices daily would be pretty expensive, so at that moment I really needed to share WiFi.

Any ideas?

You cannot connect to wifi and share/pass thru that same wifi to other devices.

It is already available to all other devices.

A personal hotspot is for connecting your devices (using wifi) thru your iPhone cell signal.

Share wifi with my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.