Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail and Keychains

Everytime I restart my MacBook Air my Apple Mail stops working. I then have to reset the Keychain and re-enter/save all the email passwords again. How do I stop this reoccuring?

MacBook Air (11-INCH, MID 2011)

Posted on May 20, 2013 6:45 AM

2 replies

May 22, 2013 8:56 AM in response to T.MD

Hello T.MD,

I was researching what may be going on here, and I feel like there is a permissions issue preventing the keychain reset from being 'saved', if you will. Here is an article about troubleshooting permissions issues called Troubleshooting permissions issues in Mac OS X found here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2963

For Mac OS X 10.2 or later, open Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities/). Select your Mac OS X startup volume in the column on the left of the Disk Utility window, then click the First Aid tab. Click the Repair Disk Permissions button. You may see an erroneous message.

All the best,

Sterling

May 22, 2013 9:17 AM in response to T.MD

What exactly is happening to Mail after restarting? "Stops working" doesn't give much information to go on. Do you get any kind of message or popup when this happens?

If you open Console in Utilities>All Messages, Console Messages or system.log, do you see any entries from around the time this is happening?

Apple Mail and Keychains

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.