Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp xp starts up with blackscreen

Hi all

Its my first post/question, so here it goes

My bootcamp was running fine and all for months till yesterday, where suddenly bootcamp xp crashed from browsing a youtube video, i restarted the mac and press alt to enter the windows partition, but its just black screen and nothing else, plain black screen.

I searched over a couple of forums and apple support, i reseted the PRAM and SMC like many suggested, but the screen is still black. However after the PRAM and SMC reset, when i enter the partition, i can hear the windows xp starting like it normally does, i.e. the music, but the screen is still pitch black, thus the problem still exists.

I have no idea what to do, but the display works fine on mac, its just bootcamp that the display seems not to work

Any help would be grately appreciated

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 20, 2013 6:28 AM

There are no replies.

Bootcamp xp starts up with blackscreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.