Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto '09 Facebook upload problem

I have been uploading photos using iPhoto '09 to my Facebook account for years. Just a couple of days ago I started receiving a message box "Do you want to set up iPhoto to publish to Facebook?" when I click on the Facebook icon. If I go ahead with the button "Setup" it opens another small box that is simply my Facebook page. So, it is logged in but the page is useless as I cannot configure anything with respect to iPhoto. I have logged out and tried setup again but that does not work. I also went as far as to download the Facebook uploader plugin that works via the Export function. This partially works but my photos are not viewable by my friends even though it says they should be. Does anyone know why the Facebook upload function stopped working all of a sudden and how to fix it? I am using iPhoto '09 version 8.1.2 (424). Thanks.

iPhoto '08, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 20, 2013 7:02 AM

8 replies

May 20, 2013 8:19 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks Larry. I found the discussion your were referrring to and it worked! I will paste it below in case someone else needs it.

Just solved it here after an hour+ of experimenting.

Try this:

• When you get prompted "Do you want to set up iPhoto of post to Facebook?" confirm and it will bring up your regular Facebook home page in a small viewer window.

• Go up to the upper right corner of the Facebook page and log out, then hit the "Close" button at the bottom of the small viewer window.

• You'll probably get the same "Do you want to set up iPhoto to publish to Facebook?" prompt again. This time hit Cancel

• Now try to share your pictures to Facebook again. You'll get the "Do you want to set up iPhoto to publish to Facebook?" message again. Do it and this time hopefully you should get a prompt to login to your Facebook account. Enter your Facebook name and password. This should reset your connection.

• If successful you should get a prompt from Facebook that you can close the page. Close it and fingers crossed, all should work again. That's what worked for me.

Good luck.

Jul 8, 2013 9:03 PM in response to LarryHN

Hello,

Thanks for the above info.

I'm also using iPhoto '09. I've uploaded 3 albums previously to Facebook, the last about 2 months ago. That worked fine.

Today, I tried uploading a new album, but ran into trouble: it doesn't seem to have finished uploading, so that there are broken links when I try to view some of the photos in Facebook. Worse, the process seems to have caused the same problem with some of my previous albums, because for some reason it tried to resync everything.

I've tried the above multiple times for each of the albums, but that doesn't seem to fix anything. A couple of times, in fact, iPhoto has crashed. I'm mostly frustrated that it seems to have "broken" my older albums that had uploaded fine previously!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

iPhoto '09 Facebook upload problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.