Thank you for responding to other posts regarding iCal freezing. I have followed your advice in an attempt to solve my iCal freezing issue. However, I have not been successful. I moved both the "Calendar Cache" and "com.apple.ical.plist" files to my desktop, restarted, and opened iCal. My problem is when I create an event, or open "Preferences", I get the spinning rainbow ball and a "iCal quit unexpectedly" box.
Do you have any advice beyond moving the two files? I have OS 10.7.5 and can post the information given through "Show Details" on the error box if that would help. Thank you.
It may be helpful to post the crash report. However, I am not proficient at reading crash reports, perhaps someone else may be able to glean some information to help you. I recommend that you start your own thread in this forum to get some individual attention.
1. If you are using any sync services...turn them off, and test iCal.
2. Complete a Safe Boot, followed by a normal startup. Then re-check iCal.
3. Check for Duplicate Fonts, and Resolve Duplicates. Then re-check iCal.
4. Check iCal performance in another use account. If it works in another user account then go to the next step.
5. Attempt to backup your calendars, and follow the steps listed in How do I clear the iCal or Calendar cache in OS X? - Community Contributions - Hermes.