Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have snow leopard: my mail changed so I now have to double click to read a message.Want it back so can preview before open.

I want to get mail back like before: I could single click to read before fully opening inbox message. Now have to doubel click. Also the message appears before who it is from. How do I switch columns back whre want them in order of From/message/date received. Also "color" markings changed. It stays bold black until I double click not just single.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), My Passport for MAC

Posted on May 20, 2013 8:11 AM

12 replies

May 22, 2013 6:27 AM in response to stedman1

Thanks, I got the "from" in first column now. Yet I still can't figure what I must have accidently done to change mail so now I have to double click and fully open message vs just one click to view and see if I want to fully open with double click.

Also. I can't get the little dot to move nor my mouse to recognize it.

Thanks for the "drag" message!

Mainly I wish to single click before I open unwanted mail like I could till yesterday. Or maybe I did double click but it only partially opened? HMMM!Soemthing is different about when the bold color goes away. I use to single click and teh bold color went regular like I read it, I think

May 22, 2013 8:21 AM in response to JD in AZ

Open a mailbox. Select a message with a single click. Hover the mouse over the dot in the bottom bar: you should see the cursor change to a up-pointing arrow with a short horizontal line below it (unfortunately I can't screen-grab this). Click-and-hold and drag upwards. Nothing will happen until you've moved it up around half an inch, then the preview pane will appear. Continue dragging until it's the size you want then release.

I have snow leopard: my mail changed so I now have to double click to read a message.Want it back so can preview before open.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.