Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook will not connect to my home WiFi

I have an interesting situation. I have home WiFi set up in that is working fine - I know this because my iPhone connects to it without any problems. My Macbook always connected fine as well up until a week ago and all of a sudden will not connect to it. There is an exclamation point over the WiFi symbol. The WiFi setting is definitely turned ON and I can connect to my hotspot, but for some reason it will not connect to the home WiFi option. I have a brand new Macbook Pro and have done all of my software updates offered. My iPhone still connects to the home WiFi with no problems, so I know it is not a router problem.

Is there a setting on my MacBook that would prevent me from connecting to just this particular WiFi that could have gotten messed up accidently?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Posted on May 20, 2013 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2013 9:32 AM

Hey ashleeburke

I understand you are having issues connecting to Wi-Fi with your MacBook Pro. The following article may provide more assistance:

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues in OS X Lion and Mac OS X v10.6

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4628

Most minor Wi-Fi issues can be resolved by simply powering off all devices, and power cycling your router/modem:

Restart your network devices.

Powering your modem or router off for a few seconds and then on again may resolve network issues without any additional troubleshooting. If you have phone service through your ISP, power cycling your modem may interrupt that service. You may need to contact your ISP in order to restore your phone service if your modem is reset or powered off. Ensure that you have alternative means to contact your ISP (such as a cell phone) to avoid unnecessary delays in restoring your Internet or phone service.

Thanks,

Matt M.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2013 9:32 AM in response to ashleeburke

Hey ashleeburke

I understand you are having issues connecting to Wi-Fi with your MacBook Pro. The following article may provide more assistance:

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues in OS X Lion and Mac OS X v10.6

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4628

Most minor Wi-Fi issues can be resolved by simply powering off all devices, and power cycling your router/modem:

Restart your network devices.

Powering your modem or router off for a few seconds and then on again may resolve network issues without any additional troubleshooting. If you have phone service through your ISP, power cycling your modem may interrupt that service. You may need to contact your ISP in order to restore your phone service if your modem is reset or powered off. Ensure that you have alternative means to contact your ISP (such as a cell phone) to avoid unnecessary delays in restoring your Internet or phone service.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Macbook will not connect to my home WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.