Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 cellular connection issue

I would like to ask, have anyone also faced up with this issue?

Mostly every morning I'm not able to connect to cellular data network after turning it on. I need to restart iphone or to switch from 2G to 3G and 3G to 2G till i get any cellular data connection. Sometimes switching from 2G to 3G or 3G to 2G doesnt help, only helps reseting iphone which is annoying.

I have tried restoring firmware and setting up iphone as new, reseting network settings, didnt help. I'm using latest official iOS 6.1.4 but issue appeared as i remember well from upgrading to iOS 6.1. APN settings is correct as you can see from video, when i switched from 2G to 3G i was able to get cellular data connection.

Also I have noticed that after i open "cellular data network" settings where i need to enter APN settings, scrolling down and up is lagging/struggling. Issues appeared with my carrier appeared when i have updated my iphone 5 to iOS 6.1 and up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjhKdVqZ-RQ

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 20, 2013 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2013 8:59 AM

You can try a new nanoSIM from your carrier. Since you are manually editing your APN settings I am assuming your carrier is not an offiically approved iPhone carrier?

3 replies

iPhone 5 cellular connection issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.