Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bringing my Macbook to Europe but need advice..

Hi all!

I have a question: I'll be visiting Eastern Europe soon (Istanbul, Turkey), and I need to bring my Macbook Pro with me (I'm from USA). I'm wondering what product I need to have a safe connection with the power outlets to charge my computer?

I'm so scared that I'll buy the wrong adapter and my computer will fry and that I will ruin it. I have a Macbook Pro that I bought in June 2011 if that matters.

Anyone with knowledge or experience, if you could please advise, I'd really, really apprecite it.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 20, 2013 10:42 AM

3 replies

May 20, 2013 7:06 PM in response to jonkutlu

He only linked to one product. One of those links is information, the other is the product page, but both are about the same product. You only buy that one thing.

When you go to another country, there are two factors. Voltage, and plug type. You do not need to worry about voltage because a MacBook Pro adapter automatically adapts between 100-240 volts, which covers just about all countries. Your MacBook Pro will not be fried, and you do not need a transformer. (The voltage range is printed on the adapter for just about every electrical device you own.)

That means you don't worry about voltage, only the plug type. You do need the plug type for Turkey so you can plug into the wall. The kit linked above should contain an adapter for that.

I have never bought the Apple travel adapter kit because you can also go down to your local travel store and simply buy the correct individual plug adapter if you know what you need and if the store has it. You can probably get one for less than $10, especially online.

The Apple kit is for convenience. You don't worry about finding the right adapter because the kit probably includes it. But verify the plug type you will need in Turkey and then verify that the Apple kit includes it.

Bringing my Macbook to Europe but need advice..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.