Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airprint not working on the IPAD..Tips please.

I am having problem with the airprint function on my IPAD. It works on my IMAC and Macbook Air. It is a recognized printer with the AirPrint function. It is a SCX 3405w made by Samsung. Any tips would be appreciated.

iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 20, 2013 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2013 11:41 AM

I see an SCX-3405FW as being an AirPrint printer but not SCX-3405W. Maybe you just made a typo.

If you're sure it is an AirPrint capable printer, reboot your router. Unplug it for about 30 seconds.

Log onto the Samsung support site and see if there is a printer firmware update for the printer.

Turn the printer off and on again.

Reboot your iPad too.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2013 11:41 AM in response to LBPG

I see an SCX-3405FW as being an AirPrint printer but not SCX-3405W. Maybe you just made a typo.

If you're sure it is an AirPrint capable printer, reboot your router. Unplug it for about 30 seconds.

Log onto the Samsung support site and see if there is a printer firmware update for the printer.

Turn the printer off and on again.

Reboot your iPad too.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

May 20, 2013 11:58 AM in response to Demo

Hi Demo,

THankks for the advice. I checked again on "http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356" and my printer SCX 3405W was listed under Samsung as a AirPrint printer.

I tried to look for a firmware from Samsung but unfortunately it is in an EXE format so I couldn't open it.

I tried all you mentioned but still getting the same message "No AirPrint Printers found"

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

May 20, 2013 12:44 PM in response to LBPG

Yes, I double checked. Your printer is listed. Unfortunately, my eyes aren't what they used to be once upon a time when I was young. 😟

That .exe file is obviously a wIndows file, but here should be an update for the printer for Mac as well. If my eyes are not deceiving me again, I see a printer driver update for Mac here....assuming that I chose the correct printer this time.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCX-3405W/XAC

Did you try running Software Update on the Mac? I know that supported printer updates will appear in the Mac Software updates because my HP PhotoSmart 7520 shows updates in there.

The iMac and MBA are seeing the printer so the wireless seems to be working OK, but sometimes rebooting the router can help anyway. But that didn't work for you. I'm not sure what to suggest now. Reinstall the software?

There is an online chat feature on that website that I referenced above. Maybe a chat with the Samsung support people could shed some light on this.

May 20, 2013 12:59 PM in response to Demo

Hi,

I checked on this website http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCX-3405W/XAC under firmware but its the EXE file I mentioned. As for the Printer Driver I downloaded it but it gave me driver for 10.4 - 10.6 with no auto set up..so I am right confused now..:

So, I am not sure how to install this.

I will check with Samsung as far as the online chat as you mentioned.

I ran a software update however it says I am up to date...

I will rerun the software and see how that goes...

Thanks.

Airprint not working on the IPAD..Tips please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.