Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal sending weekly alert emails, how do i stop it?

I signed up for first.last@me.com address under my brothers mobileme that had 4 family emails for a family pack. I set an alert for a weekly event. Then apple moved everyone to me.com and then to icloud. So I am not under my brothers mobileme account anymore. I deleted the event from his calendar and it is not in my calendar either. I still get a weekly alert email for that event from his account. How do I fix it?

icloud-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Mobileme event alert emails

Posted on May 20, 2013 3:29 PM

5 replies

May 20, 2013 4:04 PM in response to OmairB

I just went back into my brother's calendar and he has that event as a recurring event from August 2007 to November 2011 at which point apple moved accounts to me.com. So it shows every week and I think when I moved I selected last event and checked repeat to never and applied to 'all future events' when pop-up gave that option. So is there any way to resolve this? His calendar does not show any sharing.

User uploaded file

May 20, 2013 4:04 PM in response to OmairB

If you are getting an email alert for an event that doesn't exist, from a calendar that isn't shared, that is indeed a mystery. I'm not sure if it would do any good or not, but he could try disconnect, then reconnect his calendar with his iCloud account. This may "reset" things in a way that would stop this phantom alert from continuing (or it may do nothing). If you want to try this, have him go to Settings>iCloud, turn Calendars to Off, choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (it will still be in iCloud), then after a minute or so turn Calendars back to On so his iCloud calendar will reappear on his device again. (If he is syncing his iCloud calendar on his Mac he may also need to go to System Preferences>iCloud, uncheck Calendars & Reminders, then after a minute or so check Calendars & Reminders again.)

iCal sending weekly alert emails, how do i stop it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.