Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password on Airport Extreme changed but can not find all devices

I changed my Airport Extreme network password on the computer that it is connected by cable. Then I re-connected to the network and changed the password to my other Apple devices; now all connect with "no" problem. However, this is not the case for my HP printer (C4700 series). I did a "restart" on the Airport Extreme on base computer and still all works well except for the printer. If I connect the printer by USB cable directly to my computer, it prints with no problem. I was able to print wirelessly before changing the Airport Extreme password. Lastly, I updated all software through "Software Update" and have the latest, but printer still not recognized by Airport.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 20, 2013 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2013 7:45 AM

A USB-connected printer and the same one connected to your wireless network are two different printers, as far as the Mac is concerned, so delete the existing printer in System Preferences > Print & Scan.

Follow HP's instructions for installing the printer here. Scroll down to OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion - it is about 7/8 of the way to the end.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2013 7:45 AM in response to dmgva

A USB-connected printer and the same one connected to your wireless network are two different printers, as far as the Mac is concerned, so delete the existing printer in System Preferences > Print & Scan.

Follow HP's instructions for installing the printer here. Scroll down to OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion - it is about 7/8 of the way to the end.

Password on Airport Extreme changed but can not find all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.