Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP can't charge fully.

I just bought my mbp a week ago and i found out yesterday the mbp didn't charge fully.

I tried to charge both power On & OFF. But can't charge fully and stop at 95% & light from cable shown Green.

I went down to Apple service provider and asked to change new set of mbp. They gave me new set of mbp. BUT the problem was came again in new set. i saw 100% at battery status first and then i turn off the mbp for awhile. When i turn on again with power cable plugged in, battery status stop at 97% & light show green.

seems like i hv to change another set 😟 anybody got that kinda problem before???

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 20, 2013 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2013 8:46 PM

Hi w,

A MBP will charge up to 100%, then not charge again until it falls to below 95%. Note that the charge will drop even if you're not using your MBP, and that's normal.

4 replies

May 21, 2013 8:18 AM in response to wunnaz

wunnaz wrote:

Thanks tjk. So u mean that the Mbp will start the charging again once the % drop under 95%?

I think the guys from service provider didn't know that kinda behavior of Mbp.

That is correct. Something must have gotten lost in communication, because that is widely known behavior.

MBP can't charge fully.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.