Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I open iPhoto, it asks me if I would like to import the following duplicate photos. However, no matter what I give as an answer, it keeps showing that question over and over and OVER! If I go from one event to another, that question pops up.

Every time I open iPhoto, it asks me if I would like to import the following duplicate photos. However, no matter what I give as an answer, it keeps showing that question over and over and OVER! If I go from one event to another, that question pops up. There is nothing attached to the computer, no camera, no disc in the drive, NOTHING. I have tried deleting the photo that it shows, and nothing works. This is plainly ridiculous as well as extremely frustrating. How do I get it to stop?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 20, 2013 7:30 PM

2 replies

May 21, 2013 7:18 AM in response to Debwoolsey

Quit iPhoto and to to the iPhoto library (by default in your pictures folder) - right click (control click) on it and select show package contents - find the folder named import (or importing) and drag it to the desktop - DO NOT MAKE ANY OTHER CHANGES - launch iPhoto and you will be fine.

Open the import(ing) folder and if there is nothing in it that you need move it to the trash and empty the trash

LN

Jun 18, 2013 8:53 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks LaryHN. I recently bought Sony Xperia Z mobile phone. Sony claimed to have a excellent software called Bridge for Mac to sync this phone. I downloaded and installed as instructed. It just takes all the memory, though I have 8GB RAM and almost my computer freezes. During one of those attempts, I tried to select some photos from my phone and tried to download it to iPhoto. Ever since, it was attempted, every time, I opened iPhoto, it would go to full screen mode and again shrinks to a smaller window. It would be asking my permission to import some photos and nothing has been imported and this process gradually started floating beach ball at all the times. I was just going through this forum to find a solution and really, your suggestion helped me to figure out the issue. Meanwhile I purchased the full license of iPhoto Library Manager and did so many Gimmicks. Nothing worked out. Finally, your suggestion clearly eliminated this issue and now I am relaxed. Thanks, again.

Every time I open iPhoto, it asks me if I would like to import the following duplicate photos. However, no matter what I give as an answer, it keeps showing that question over and over and OVER! If I go from one event to another, that question pops up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.