Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open Keyboard System preferences

When I was on Snow Leapord, I had installed ZoomWindow.app After upgrading to to OS X 10.8.3. I have since deleted ZoomWindow.app However, I'm not able to open the keyboard or trackpad preferences. I see the below error in console:

System Preferences[1843]: dlopen_preflight failed with dlopen_preflight(/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane/Contents/Mac OS/Keyboard): Library not loaded: /System/Library/CoreServices/ZoomWindow.app/Contents/Frameworks/ZoomWindowSuppo rt.framework/Versions/A/ZoomWindowSupport

Referenced from: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/UniversalAccess.framework/Versions/A/Universa lAccess

Reason: image not found for /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 20, 2013 8:46 PM

3 replies

May 21, 2013 4:11 AM in response to Moriyah

How did you install ZoomWindow.app, and where did you install it? (Where there some posted directions somewhere that you could point to?)

There's a bundle within OS X with that name that usually resides within the /System/Library/CoreServices directory, and (parts of) it seems to have gone missing on your system.

If this part of OS X has been deleted, you'll need to roll it back in from a backup, or use Pacifist to fetch it from a distribution kit, or copy it over from a second Mac running the same version of OS X, or similar...

May 22, 2013 8:36 AM in response to Moriyah

I do not know what you've downloaded, nor how to properly remove it.

I'd make a disk backup, first. If part of OS X has been deleted, you'll need to roll it back in from a backup, or use Pacifist to fetch the files from an OS X distribution kit, or copy the files over from a second Mac that's running the same version of OS X, or similar... If that fails, then reinstalling the 10.8.3 combo update — the combo update, and not the delta — for and see if this clears it. (I don't know off-hand if the combo update includes the ZoomWindow pieces.) If that fails to resolve this (and you have that external backup!), I'd reinstall 10.8.3 over the top of what you have via the Recovery Partition, and see if it clears the error.

Can't open Keyboard System preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.