Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone been using film stock in Aperture?

Hi, does anyone know how you install Film Stock in Aperture? I have downloaded the software and it says it is installed on my computer, however when I try using plug-ins in Aperture it says no plug-ins are installed. Thanks. Helen

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Aperture 3.1.3

Posted on May 21, 2013 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2013 3:20 AM

How did you install the plug-in? I am not using that plug-in, but all plug-ins need to be installed either in zhe System library, directly on your Macintosh HD:

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

or in your User Library in your Home Folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

Have you checked these install locations?

Regards

Léonie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2013 3:20 AM in response to helen.rimell

How did you install the plug-in? I am not using that plug-in, but all plug-ins need to be installed either in zhe System library, directly on your Macintosh HD:

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

or in your User Library in your Home Folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

Have you checked these install locations?

Regards

Léonie

May 21, 2013 3:25 AM in response to helen.rimell

Hi Helen.

• Have you closed and re-started Aperture? Sometimes Aperture does not recognize newly installed plug-ins.
  • How are you invoking the plug-in?
  • Have you confirmed that the plug-in is installed in either your system library folder (a Finder folder) or in your home library folder (again, a Finder folder)? It should be in one of "Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/" or "/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/"

--Kirby.

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

May 22, 2013 4:10 AM in response to helen.rimell

Hi Helen,

that explains a lot. 😎 It is usually best to install plug-ins and programs for all users by using an Administrator account when installing. That will prevent permission problems.

Is your Aperture application not installed in the Applications folder on your Macintosh HD?

I was puzzled, because your signature still is showing "Aperture 3.1.3". If that is true, you have missed many updates and bug fixes. The most recent Aperture version for "Mac OS X (10.6.8)" would be Aperture 3.2.4.

But Software Update will not show the updates, if Aperture is installed in a local Applications folder and not in the system wide "Applications" directly on your HD; also it should be named simply "Aperture" and not Aperture 3 or something similar.

Regards

Léonie

Has anyone been using film stock in Aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.