Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod video wont play sound through the headphone jack or the bottom connector

Hello everyone. I have an iPod Video 60GB (supports video output through the headphone jack). Which I believe was the last one before the iPod "classic".

Anyways awhile back it stopped outputting sound through the headphone jack, I assumed I had damaged the jack itself as commonly happens but it stopped outputting sound through the dock connector to my ipod speaker dock and my cars ipod connector. The clicker wont make any noise either.

When I tried to search for an answer to this problem years ago I couldnt find anything and knowing it would be out of warrenty I put it aside and forgot about it. Having searched again recently it seems as if this could be the audio processor or some component on the board coming loose? Has anyone outlined this problem with pictures and steps to repair it?

I *may* take it in and pay the $30 but I would much prefer to fix it myself. Thank you for any help with this.

iPod classic, Windows 7, Ipod Video 60GB

Posted on May 21, 2013 2:13 AM

1 reply

my ipod video wont play sound through the headphone jack or the bottom connector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.