Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to enable a device that was disabled through my account.

I am trying to re-enable a device that I previously disabled through the members center.

When I go the the list of devices I have added to my account I can see all of them. The device I am trying to enable again is greyed out indicating it is disabled. Clicking on this device opens a drop down menu showing the devices name, UDID and 2 buttons (Edit and Enable). When I try to click either of these buttons, there is no responce and nothing happens.

Next to the title 'iOS Devices' there are 3 buttons, 'Add', 'Edit' and 'Search'. Clicking this edit button removes the greyed out device from my list until I cancel this attempted edit.

I have also tried re-adding the device from the Organizer window in XCode. This only yeilds an error responce saying "This device '(UDID)' is already registered, but has been disabled. You can re-enable it from your list of registered devices in your account on the developer website." As I have already tried this I am all out of ideas.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, or if there is some way to re-enable my device. I need the device for testing my app.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 21, 2013 3:15 AM

5 replies

May 26, 2013 1:45 AM in response to ScottH87

Supposedly you are on a good track trying to resolve this through the Member Center. I too have this problem presently, and the only reference I found addressing enabling the previously disabled devices is in Apple's App Distribution Guide under 'Adding Devices to Your Provisioning Profile' > 'Troubleshooting', where it says: "If your device was previously registered but is disabled, enable the device using Member Center...". Apologies if you have seen this already, but perhaps this is a good lead to explore the Member Center further. As I have been so far unsuccessful in the above Troubleshooting advice, I wish to join ScottH87 and ask someone, perhaps from Apple, to suggest the resolution. Thank you in anticipation.

I am unable to enable a device that was disabled through my account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.