Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New to Ipad.76 yrs.old! Is the Password the same as the Apple ID? Is the same PW applicable to Icloud? When I try to open say, the Games centre I get an Icloud e-mail address and try to sign in with my Apple ID but get refused.I am confused

I have Apple Ipod ID...well, I think so, and a password. Should these work with Icloud? When I try to go into set up Games centre my Icloud e-mail address is displayed but when I put in my Apple Password it doesn't accept it. I'm 76, new to Ipad but trying to get past switching on stage.

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 21, 2013 7:07 AM

3 replies

May 21, 2013 7:21 AM in response to Basilmusic

See u can creat differnt id for all the differnt applications like imessenger,icloud,games center. for example in my case i have an Imac, 2 ipads, iphone, so i have different id for imessenger account for all these gagets. so that i can communicate with all gagets but for i cloude i have the same account for all the products cos its easy for me to access date and trace the location for all the products.

In ur case u do not need game centre actually it is used to store recodes or game score of which u play and show it to different users. what you can do is creat a new Id for the game cente or just check the password or the email address give to it .

The main thing which u will be needing ur apple ID is for Imessenge,Icloude, App strore , itunes account, facetime etc.

May 21, 2013 7:45 AM in response to Basilmusic

Hi,

First, please tell me you have a wireless router in your home. You will need one to use your ipad. If you don't it's easily remedied. They're mostly plug and play these days and sold at any big box store .(Or you could go through your cable company and pay a monthly fee.)

Because you have a new ipad, you have 90 days of free phone support. They will actually walk you through the set up process. Put your speaker phone on so you'll have both hands free. They're very helpful.

Also, if you're near an Apple store you can make an appointment (on-line only) with the Genius Bar at the store. Write down your questions before you go, and write down the answers as the genius helps you. Also, many Apple stores have classes such as "Getting Started with the ipad." You can make appointments for either or both by scrolling to the bottom of the page here and click on 'contact us.'

Here's a brief overview of your question -

Your Apple ID is your current e-mail address and will be the same for itunes, icloud, etc. You will have an e-mail password for your e-mail account on whatever your e-mail is on now. OR you can create a new e-mail account to use specifically with your ipad and all apps in it. You can do this directly in settings on your ipad.

When you set up your ipad, it will ask you to create an Apple ID. Put in your e-mail address. Then it will ask you to create a password. Make a new one that will only be for your ipad. You will be asked a series of security questions where you'll choose three and give answers. WRITE DOWN THE QUES. AND ANSWERS!

Then set up an icloud account (also in settings.) Use the same ID (e-mail address and the same Apple ID password you just created. Then check for the itunes icon on your ipad. Open itunes, and follow steps to create an itunes account. Again, use the same Apple ID and password.

The following will take you through the set-up process step by step.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/essentials/

Hope this helps. Please note that you should, in the actions box on the top right, check receive e-mail notifications. This way, any help you get you will see in e-mails. And you won't have to search here every day to see if there are suggestions here for you. Many ques. are asked each day so your post can quickly move to the back.

I suggest you read all you can about all you can do with your ipad, and you'll enjoy it even more.

Hope this helps.

May 21, 2013 7:54 AM in response to Basilmusic

Your Apple ID is made up of a user and a password. The user is usually an email address you have. The password can be anything you want and it should not be ther password to your emai. The icloud email is a different thing as it can't really be used to create an Apple ID in most cases.

If this iPad was used by someone else previously it may very well still have their settings on there which prompt you to enter the information for an icloud address.

The Game Center App simply asks for your Apple ID. Whatever that is. If it has sometihng already entered in the Apple ID box, you can tap it and remove it and enter your own Apple ID with your own password..

New to Ipad.76 yrs.old! Is the Password the same as the Apple ID? Is the same PW applicable to Icloud? When I try to open say, the Games centre I get an Icloud e-mail address and try to sign in with my Apple ID but get refused.I am confused

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.