Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot erase photo data on iPad

Strange issue here: I realized on the latest sync that my iPad seems to hog photo data:

when comparing the image count in the iTunes sync window (wich corresponds to the total image count in iPhoto) with the image count under General>About, there is a discrepancy of about 600 images!

I have tried deleting the cache folder, synching to an empty desptop folder - but the "ghost" image count of 621 images is still there.

Posted on May 21, 2013 8:27 AM

2 replies

May 21, 2013 8:44 AM in response to J and F__

Have you tried rebooting the iPad and then sync again? Or just check again after you reboot?

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

May 22, 2013 7:30 AM in response to Demo

I finally figured out what was going on: Photo Stream was set to on, somewhere/somehow that added up to 621 images!

Once unchecked, the image count went down to 0 - and after about ten attempts to re-sync my iPhoto library (each time with an error message of varied number of unsynced files), I finally have ALL images back on the iPad.

Cannot erase photo data on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.