Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do i really need OSX 10.6 for updating to iTunes 10.7 ?

I have recently purchased an iPad mini wifi + cellular for my partner.

So far i had no problems with my iMac or my iPad 2 wich is syncing perfectly with iTunes.

When i connected the iPad mini (running 6.1 just as the iPad 2) ITunes displayed a window

saying that i need version 10.7 of it to sync the mini.

The system requirement for iTunes 10.7 is OSX 10.6 !

Do i really need to update the operating system for syncing the mini?

Why is the syncing not a problem with the iPad 2?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.... Thanks!

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.5.8), iPad2 wifi, iPad mini wifi+cellular

Posted on May 21, 2013 10:42 AM

5 replies

May 21, 2013 11:16 AM in response to Community User

Newer hardware requires software and drivers that were not part of iTunes before the new iPad Mini was rerleased because they did not exist, since the hardware did not exist.

This software and drivers are now part of the newer version of iTunes.

Since the new version of iTunes requires a newer version of OSX you will need to update to get it.

May 21, 2013 12:05 PM in response to Niel

Thanks Niel for your very quick reply!

My first question: would you recommend updating to OSX10.6 just for the iTunes sync issue?

Second question: what about loging in to iTunes with the mini and download earlier purchases

like all music and video and maybe repurchase some of the apps?

May 21, 2013 2:38 PM in response to Niel

Thank you,

I only intended downloading again my purchases from the iTunes Store which should be free...

Depending on the outcome of this, i will definitely consider updating to OSX10.6 if it does not

mean chainging / updating all or most of the work done in the past 3 - 4 years...

Regards,

JEEVSYBOY

Do i really need OSX 10.6 for updating to iTunes 10.7 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.