Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone the connection to the server failed

I can not get my email on my iphone 4S. It was fine up until 2 days ago. The message keeps saying 'the connection to the server failed'. How do I fix this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 21, 2013 3:21 PM

1 reply

May 23, 2013 12:41 PM in response to Tommaso2007

Hello Tommaso2007,

I was researching what might be happening here. I found an article about troubleshooting wifi connections on an iOS device like your phone called iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections found here http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398.

Basic troubleshooting

• Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.
  • Verify that you are in range of your Wi-Fi router or base station.
  • Confirm that your Wi-Fi router and Cable/DSL modem are connected to power and turned on.
  • Check whether other devices (portable computers, for example) are able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and access the Internet.
  • Update your Wi-Fi router to the latest firmware.

For AirPort Base Stations, refer to this article for information about firmware updates. For third-party Wi-Fi routers, check the manufacturer's website for details on updating your firmware.

• Restart your iOS device

Hold the On/Off button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off your device. When it is off, press the On/Off button to turn it back on.

There are more steps down toward the bottom if these initial steps dont quite fit the bill.

Take care,

Sterling

iphone the connection to the server failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.