Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

30" Apple Cinema Displays

I have two 30" Apple Cinema Displays which are malfunctioning. I took them to the Genius bar at the apple store. One of the 30" I has a black screen when connected to the computer; while the other has a broken LCD and can see the cracked display inside with images half of it disorted (like ink-spilled on screen). I found out that it would cost me almost $2000 to fix both of them through Apple. I wonder if this issue can be workable and a good idea if I swap parts with each other (perhaps the motherboard or the LCD) ?? I'm also wondering how difficult is it to open up an apple cinema display. If it's worth the time and efforts would like to try it out. Any advices and sharing your experiences on this topic would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Posted on May 21, 2013 1:15 PM

1 reply

May 30, 2013 7:04 AM in response to K U M A

From what I have read, the displays are very difficult to disassemble and I have not been able to find a part number for the display assembly anywhere. As a result, I believe Apple only offers full replacement of the display for models designated Late 2007 and beyond or within the 5 year 'vintage' support timeframe before they become 'obsolete'. I have gone through a few 30 inch Cinema HD Displays over the years, if you are looking second hand try and get one manufactured in 2009 or even 2010 for longevity. They are marvellous stunning displays. If you have nothing to lose you could always give disassembly a go!

30" Apple Cinema Displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.