Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling an XP partition under Mountain Lion

I am running Mountain Lion and want to create a Bootcamp partition for XP. I had this working well as a legacy ever since I ran Leopard, but I now need to reinstall Windows. Since I upgraded to Mtn Lion, I only have Bootcamp 5, which is useless to me as XP is not supported. Can I get hold of/run Bootcamp 2.2 under Mtn Lion?

Bootcamp-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 21, 2013 1:33 PM

3 replies

May 21, 2013 1:50 PM in response to Csound1

Thank you, but I had XP running nicely under Mtn Lion up until I had a problem this morning. I do have a workaround, but it involves re-installing Leopard from scratch, creating a b/c partition, installing xp, then upgrading to Mtn Lion again. And recovering all my files from backup. I was hoping for a less labour-intensive solution!

Reinstalling an XP partition under Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.