Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 1-hour movie that is edited video with scored music, narration, sound effects on GarageBand. I'd like to upload it onto Vimeo or another server. Is there a way to do it? It doesn't seem possible.

I used to sell this movie in iDVD format, but feel it's somewhat dated information (on boating) and would like to just offer it to viewers for free. The imovie program allows for exports/shares to Vimeo, but Garage Band does not. It offers iWeb, but when I tried that, I wasn't sure what to do with the movie preview when it was completed with the compression.

Apple TV, Mac OS X (10.6.8), PC laptop also connected on iTunes

Posted on May 21, 2013 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2013 6:52 PM

Just export it to your desktop and use the Vimeo uploader on their page.

10 replies

May 22, 2013 11:31 AM in response to isteveus

I feel very blonde right now. I kept looking at the Share menu and thought the Export to Disk meant DVD. Of course, now the file's too large to upload into Vimeo to keep it in the free status so I need to break it up. I'm going through the GArageBand file and trying to delete parts of the Movie Track, but can't seem to do that. Do you happen to know if it's doable or do I need to go back and edit it on iMovie?

May 22, 2013 12:05 PM in response to linda282

Of course, now the file's too large to upload into Vimeo to keep it in the free status so I need to break it up.

If dont need any major edits of the movie and you just want to break the movie in parts, and to upload it in three separate parts, you could use GarageBand's cycle region to mark the parts that you want to export. GarageBand will only export the part of a project that is highlighted by the yellow cycle region bar.

• Click the Cycle button (with two curved arrows) in the control bar to turn on the cycle region.
  • Drag the ends of the cycle region to the position in the timeline where you want your exported movie part to begin and end.

Then export to disk and repeat for the next parts of your movie.

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

May 22, 2013 12:42 PM in response to linda282

This will be great if I can figure this out...Is this something that's only available to iLife '11? I only have iLIfe 09.

I don't remember, if the cycle region was available in iLife 09, i think so, but I am not sure. I tried this in GarageBand '11. Just have a look, if you can see the button with the cycling blue arrows.

I have a 1-hour movie that is edited video with scored music, narration, sound effects on GarageBand. I'd like to upload it onto Vimeo or another server. Is there a way to do it? It doesn't seem possible.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.