Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostreams show different photos

My photostream on my iPhone is showing different photos than the photostream on my ipad. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is something wrong with my Photostream?

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 21, 2013 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2013 2:01 AM

Is there anything I can do to fix this or is something wrong with my Photostream?

Unfortunately, this is a feature and not a bug. What you will see on each device in each stream will depend on when you enabled the Photo Stream on each device.

See:

iCloud: Photo Stream Troubleshooting (I see different photos in Photo Stream on each of my devices.)

Your device will keep up to 1000 photos, even if they are older than 30 days. Photos older than 30 days are removed from the iCloud server, so all devices may not have the same photos, depending on when you enabled Photo Stream.

if you want to have more control over what is in the stream, use a shared photo stream instead. Then you can control exactly what photos will be added to the stream and when they will be deleted.

iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

Regards

Léonie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2013 2:01 AM in response to mvtspaniard

Is there anything I can do to fix this or is something wrong with my Photostream?

Unfortunately, this is a feature and not a bug. What you will see on each device in each stream will depend on when you enabled the Photo Stream on each device.

See:

iCloud: Photo Stream Troubleshooting (I see different photos in Photo Stream on each of my devices.)

Your device will keep up to 1000 photos, even if they are older than 30 days. Photos older than 30 days are removed from the iCloud server, so all devices may not have the same photos, depending on when you enabled Photo Stream.

if you want to have more control over what is in the stream, use a shared photo stream instead. Then you can control exactly what photos will be added to the stream and when they will be deleted.

iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

Regards

Léonie

May 23, 2015 8:05 AM in response to léonie

I was interested in your reply because Last week I troubleshot a PhotoStream problem with an Apple technician. He got me to disable PhotoStream on my iPhOne then restart it. He told me that it should then "populate" the Photstream with 999 images.

However, judging by what you said it would only show images from the date I deactivated it.

What actually happened was a jumbled mix of old / new / previously deleted photos came onto PS on the phone. Some of them date back 18 months.

My iPad, on the other hand, used to show 999 images but since 10.3.3 / Photo for Mac it only shows 254.

EVerything worked perfectly before 10.3.3. I don't use the iCloud Photo Library.

Apple don't know how to solve this. It's one of several problems Photo for Mac seems to have caused on my system.

i'd be interested if you have any insight inot what's happening. Thanks for your time reading this.

Photostreams show different photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.