Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everytime I add an event to my calendar, it emails me the alert 30 min before. How do I get the alert but not have it emailed as I do not want my email blowing up all the time? Thanks!

Everytime I add an event to my calendar, it emails me the alert 30 min before. How do I get the alert but not have it emailed as I do not want my email blowing up all the time? Thanks!

ICAL

Posted on May 21, 2013 5:54 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2013 6:44 AM in response to 11werwad

Hello 11werwad,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I found an article with steps on editing the alerts for existing events:

iCal 5.x: Set an alert for an event

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH4704

This article says iCal 5, but should work for most versions of iCal and Calendar. You may also be able to change the default setting for alerts for all new events created in your iCal preferences. Depending on which version you have, you can set these preferences in iCal>Preferences>Advanced or Calendars>Preferences>Alerts. I hope this helps!

Best,

Sheila M.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.