Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 7th generations screen will not slide or respond to touch.

My screen will not respond to sliding actions. The icons will have a flashing box behind them when I touch the screen and will sometimes respond to me touching an icon. Will only play one song on repeat.

iPod nano, 7th generation

Posted on May 21, 2013 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2013 6:26 AM

Hello Susenbach,

It would seem that Voiceover has been enabled on your iPod Nano. The following article contains information regarding Voiceover, and how to disable it once it's been enabled.

iPod nano (6th generation and later): How to use VoiceOver

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4317

To turn off VoiceOver on iPod nano using VoiceOver gestures

From the Home Screen, swipe right or left with two fingers until you see or hear "Page 2 of 2" on iPod nano (7th generation) or "Settings" on iPod (6th generation).
If the icons have been rearranged, or if there are more than four Home screens, you may hear something different.

1. Slide one finger around the screen until you hear Settings.
  2. Double-tap to open Settings.
  3. Slide your finger up or down the screen until you see or hear General, then double- tap.
  4. Slide your finger up or down the screen until you see or hear Accessibility, then double-tap.
  5. Slide your finger up or down the screen until you see or hear VoiceOver, then double-tap.
  6. Double-tap when you hear "VoiceOver switch button on."
  7. You'll hear "VoiceOver off" to confirm the setting. Now you can use standard gestures to control iPod nano.

Note: You can also turn off VoiceOver by resetting your iPod.

Cheers,

Allen

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2013 6:26 AM in response to Susenbach

Hello Susenbach,

It would seem that Voiceover has been enabled on your iPod Nano. The following article contains information regarding Voiceover, and how to disable it once it's been enabled.

iPod nano (6th generation and later): How to use VoiceOver

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4317

To turn off VoiceOver on iPod nano using VoiceOver gestures

From the Home Screen, swipe right or left with two fingers until you see or hear "Page 2 of 2" on iPod nano (7th generation) or "Settings" on iPod (6th generation).
If the icons have been rearranged, or if there are more than four Home screens, you may hear something different.

1. Slide one finger around the screen until you hear Settings.
  2. Double-tap to open Settings.
  3. Slide your finger up or down the screen until you see or hear General, then double- tap.
  4. Slide your finger up or down the screen until you see or hear Accessibility, then double-tap.
  5. Slide your finger up or down the screen until you see or hear VoiceOver, then double-tap.
  6. Double-tap when you hear "VoiceOver switch button on."
  7. You'll hear "VoiceOver off" to confirm the setting. Now you can use standard gestures to control iPod nano.

Note: You can also turn off VoiceOver by resetting your iPod.

Cheers,

Allen

My 7th generations screen will not slide or respond to touch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.