Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't rely on Calendar for reminders; they don't work.

I missed a credit-card payment and was wondering why I hadn't paid. It's because the Calendar alert I set up to remind me every month stopped working.

Alerts are broken on both the computer and iOS when the duration of the event is zero (as a reminder would typically be). On the computer, you might hear the audio alert if you have one set up, but there will be no alert dialog.

On the phone, you may hear part of the audio alert played, but there will be no alert dialog. If you look at your phone, there's no indication of why it made the noise.

Filed a bug on this over six months ago. I encourage you to file your own, since this is a pretty huge defect in a basic application, with the potential to cause you to miss important events.

Posted on May 21, 2013 9:07 PM

3 replies

May 21, 2013 9:23 PM in response to William Lloyd

Nope. I don't know why anyone would maintain this type of information in two separate applications. When I'm checking to see what I need to deal with on a particular day, I look at my calendar. No way am I going to launch multiple applications and bounce back and forth maintaining day-planning information.

The whole existence of the Reminders application is baffling. If there's a need to provide a special view of reminders, that view should be integrated into Calendar, and the reminders themselves should show up on the calendar if they have day or time specified.

Don't rely on Calendar for reminders; they don't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.