You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How accurate are the shipping/delivery estimates?

I recently ordered an iMac 20" on May 28, which i customized a few of the features on, the estimated ship time on it is June 2nd and arrival by June 6th.

I also ordered AppleCare, which showed up as a seperate thing on the status page and was listed as ship by June 1st and arrival by June 5th.

AppleCare was listed as completed on Tuesday and I received an invoice for it and the expedited shipping charge(not the computer).

However, the iMac itself is still listed as "Not yet shipped"

So a couple questions that I have:

1) Are the estimates accurate for the iMac (Are they usually shipped on or before the estimated ship date)?

2) Does AppleCare come seperately and if so, when should i expect it (It showed as completed on Tuesday)

3) Should it take from (according to their estimate) June 2nd to June 6th with expedited shipping to ship if I live in Chicago?

Thanks for taking the time to read, the suspense is killing me waiting for my new iMac 🙂

Message was edited by: abecker

Posted on Jun 1, 2006 12:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2006 4:07 PM

Apple normally gives a pessimistic date on shipping so they look good when you get it early 🙂. This is true except for just released products, then it's russian roulette on when you get it...

glor
8 replies

Jun 1, 2006 1:08 PM in response to abecker

Once it actually ships, you will unfortunately be able to watch it every inch of the way. Hopefully it will not be held up by Chinese customs due to lack of documentation (can we spell payoff?) Never know. I had one held up once, but my first generation model back in Oct 2004 arrived next day in PA from China, and it was ahead of the estimated date.

The AppleCare should arrive quickly as it will be coming out of a warehouse, possibly one close by. You should have received an email from Apple with a tracking link. I find the FedEx, UPS, or DSL links to be very accurate.

Jun 1, 2006 5:14 PM in response to abecker

Well I just received an email saying that my iMac was shipped and it has a tracking number, however it doesn't say anything about the AppleCare unless that is included in the packaging.

So if they come seperately, shouldnt the AppleCare be here by now (It showed "Complete" on Tuesday), and shouldn't I get a tracking number for the AppleCare?

Jun 1, 2006 6:35 PM in response to abecker

I have always received my shipments sooner than expected - with the exception of pre-orders of Tiger and iLife which I have always received on the release date. They were shipped 2 days prior to release.

As far as AppleCare goes, I think that they auto-enroll you and there is therefore nothing to send you. The box that you would get from a retailer is for you to register it, but if you buy it from Apple when you order your computer they take care of that for you.

I could be wrong on that, but that is what it seems to say on the order page about AppleCare.

Jun 1, 2006 7:19 PM in response to Eric Kracinski

When you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan (Auto-Enroll) and a Macintosh at the same time from the Apple online store, you are automatically registered in the plan – and your coverage is immediately extended to three years from the date your Macintosh ships. Apple will mail you an AppleCare Protection Plan packet when your computer ships. It will include a Certificate explaining your coverage, along with a Getting Started Guide (Fact Sheet, Quick Reference Guide), and Terms and Conditions.

My question is is it shipped before or after. And is it done by fedex (thus having a tracking id)

How accurate are the shipping/delivery estimates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.