Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update an app purchased with a different account?

Im trying to update iPhoto & iMovie which came with my macbook pro, but everytime I try it says "Sign in to iliketrenchcoats@****.com.au to update applications for that account." But the problem is I CANT! That account doesn't exist. My apple ID is iliketrenchcoats@****.com I can't just unistall it and re install it because It wont let me & I am afraid even if the Appstore did I would have to pay money to re install it. PLEASE HELP

<Email Edited By Host>

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), URGENT

Posted on May 22, 2013 2:13 AM

1 reply

May 22, 2013 6:30 AM in response to PhotographyandStuff

I can't explain how you did it, but you appear to have registered your iLife apps to a faulty version of your Apple ID. (BTW, it's best not to post email addresses in your comments!)

I suggest calling Apple Care for your country and ask for help unregistering your Mac and the bundled iLife apps from the faulty email so you can start over and use the correct Apple ID.

How to update an app purchased with a different account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.