Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think my iPad may have an adware how do I get rid of it

I try to sign in to my e-mail account and my screen automatically jumps to another screen with the following address:

adtrack.king.com/modules/adTracking/adClicked.jsp?type=ad&st1=hitfox&st2=candycr ushsaga&st3=US&st4=&st5=aff_Isr&st6= 10274cdcfac3dcf5072fbf6ee2420f&st7=3392&link=http://smarturl.it/candycrushsaga

That's one long string that is shown in the address bar before it automatically directs my iPad2 away from the home page of my e-mail account. So, it brings me to the question that I hope an Apple tech/guru or someone here in the great Apple community may have the answer to... If my iPad has an adware embedded in it, How do I get rid of it from my iPad?!!!

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 22, 2013 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2013 5:52 AM

Try this:

Settings>Safari>Clear History, Cookies and Data.

4 replies

May 22, 2013 2:42 PM in response to MaleRNJeff

Thanks Diavonex. Already tried that without any success. I even held the "On/Off" button to power it down and then power it up. I pulled up the e-mail web page and powered down and up from there without any success. The only thing I haven't done, yet, is to completely "Reset" the iPad from the Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings (or Rest All Settings). I'll have to back up/down load all of my photos and contact info first.

Again, Thank You. If you know of anything else. Please clue me in.

I think my iPad may have an adware how do I get rid of it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.