Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't move icons into folders in iTunes

I have iOS 6.1.3 on my iPad and iTunes 11.0.3 (42) on my Mac which is running OS X 10.8.3.

I downloaded some new apps to the iPad directly which put their icons on one of the screens. In the past, I have plugged the iPad to my Mac and, using iTunes, moved the icons to different screens on the iPad, putting them into various folders I had created for different types of apps. However, something has happened to stop this from working. I select the icons and move them to the locations I want them to go and press Sync. The sync process initiates and iTunes says it completes but the icons don't move on the iPad.

I'm assuming something has gotten corrupted that is stopping this from happening. How can I get the iPad to properly respond to the sync in iTunes and move my apps?

iPad, OS X Mountain Lion, 4 Gb of RAM

Posted on May 22, 2013 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2013 7:26 AM

Assuming that the folders are not full (20 apps maximum in one folder), the first thing that I always try when I have issues with syncing, WiFi or the cable because I do use both, I quit iTunes, restart my MacBook, and restart or reboot my iPad. I am running 10.8.3 as well and using the latest iTunes.

I might be picking nits here, but as I recall, when you make a change to the sync configuration of any kind, you should see an Apply button in the lower right corner of iTunes in order to make the change the sync configuration or settings. Do you see an Apply button?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2013 7:26 AM in response to David Biddix

Assuming that the folders are not full (20 apps maximum in one folder), the first thing that I always try when I have issues with syncing, WiFi or the cable because I do use both, I quit iTunes, restart my MacBook, and restart or reboot my iPad. I am running 10.8.3 as well and using the latest iTunes.

I might be picking nits here, but as I recall, when you make a change to the sync configuration of any kind, you should see an Apply button in the lower right corner of iTunes in order to make the change the sync configuration or settings. Do you see an Apply button?

iPad won't move icons into folders in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.