Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIFI iphone 5 Problems

on my wi-fi at home, i use a asus rtac66u 802.11ac

my iphone 5 wont buffer any videos,it will start the video buffer for 60 seconds play 5 seconds of video. my macbook pro and iMac will buffer the videos just fine, no stoping, same website same video. but on LTE or 4g the iPhone will play the video just fine. the iphone is the only device on my wireless network other than my macbook pro, any ideas?

thank you

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Asus 802.11ac

Posted on May 22, 2013 5:56 AM

1 reply

May 24, 2013 9:12 AM in response to gramwellington

Hello Gram

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. If you are having issues with the Wi-Fi connection on your iPhone, the following article will give some troubleshooting steps for a wide variety of Wi-Fi issues.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

• If you are using a public or commercial network that requires a login or subscription, see this article for more information.
  • Verify that you are selecting the correct network if you are in a location with multiple Wi-Fi networks.
  • Verify that the Wi-Fi network settings are correct. You can view and configure Wi-Fi settings using the following steps:
    • Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
    • Locate the Wi-Fi network you are currently using and tap .
  • If you've verified that your settings are correct and the issue persists, try the following:
    • Tap "Forget this Network" to reset settings for this Wi-Fi network, including the password. Then try connecting to the network again. 
Note: This can be useful if you identify a network issue and want to prevent the device from automatically using this network in the future.
    • Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings, including passwords, VPN, and APN settings.

Note: If the Wi-Fi network uses MAC address filtering, you will need to add the MAC address to the access list for the Wi-Fi router. The MAC address for your device is listed as the Wi-Fi address in Settings > General > About.

Regards,

-Norm G.

WIFI iphone 5 Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.