Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full size album art?

After installing iTunes 11.0.3, I was very pleased to find out that album art in songs view was brought back. THANK YOU iTUNES! I really care about my album art because I associate everything I listen to with its cover.

The problem: they got rid of full size artwork.

WHY?!? What's the point of continuously removing functionality? I have spent long hours scanning and editing high-resolution artwork for all my music (and high-resolution means NO LESS than 900x900) and now, when I click on the little image at the top, this wierd new player appears, and it doesn't have an option for maximising it, and what's worse, when you pull on the corner of it it will stop getting bigger after a certain point. So all my hard work is now useless!

Please tell me if there's something I missed, some way of having the artwork fill the screen from top to bottom like it used to. Thank you for your time.

(And while I'm at it: iTunes, please bring back cover view.)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 22, 2013 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 1:09 AM

Hi, just in case you haven't resolved this yet there is a way.

You place the mouse arrow on the small artwork image in the bar at the top of the iTunes screen. Press Command then "Click". Should pop up to maximum image size.

Regards.

2 replies

Aug 19, 2013 6:12 PM in response to Blackbeantree

I am now on 11.0.5 and command click does make the image larger but if I have an image that is like this Taylor Swift cap.

file://localhost/Users/photocreation/Desktop/Taylor-Safe%20&%20Sound,VID,HungerG ames,09,1600s.jpg

...Then the image has huge blackness on top & bottom and doesn't adapt to this format so it will go full widescreen.

file://localhost/Users/photocreation/Desktop/Taylor-Safe%20&%20Sound,iTunes%20wi ndow.jpg

It seems that the image must fit the format of the miniplayer widow no matter what size. I am going to place a comment to iTunes about changing this format limit. Maybe, someone knows how to adapt the image!

Thanks.

Full size album art?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.