Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery not registered EVEN after new battery was installed.

Hey guys, bit of a conundrum here.

About a year ago I spilt a whole cup of hot coffee on the macbook pro, but I managed to save the whole computer bar the internal keyboard (through cleaning with ethanol, blow drying etc.)

For the past year I've been using an external keyboard with the macbook (which has been great) but I got sick of it, so a new internal keyboard was ordered.

I went through that tedious 2hr long proccess of replacing it and BOOM the computer worked perfectly excepppttt the battery wasn't regestering anymore (it came up with a 'x - no batteries available').

I ordered a new battery, thinking I had somehow shorted the old one (i did spill a whole cup of coffee on it), installed it, reset the SMC multiple times. Same icon appering for the battery.

Maybe I wrecked the battery cable/logic board somehow?? Maybe I shorted the battery terminals (unfortunalty i used a metal knife when prying up the battery connector)?? I'm outta ideas.

Any input will be well recived!!

Thanks,

Jordan

PS This is what is says in the battery section

Battery Information:

Charge Information:

Charge remaining (mAh): 0

Fully charged: No

Charging: No

Full charge capacity (mAh): 0

Health Information:

Cycle count: 0

Battery Installed: No

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 0

Mid-2009 Macbook pro 13" || 2.53 Ghz Intel Core Duo || 4GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 || OSX 10.6.8

macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on May 22, 2013 6:47 AM

1 reply

Battery not registered EVEN after new battery was installed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.