Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone help, please!

I need help! my friend gave me his old ipod touch that he found (3rd gen.) and he asked me to update and restore for him. for some reason, it doesnt allow me to and i honestly dont want to go get service from apple! can anyone please help! xx

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 22, 2013 8:55 AM

2 replies

May 22, 2013 9:34 AM in response to Nataliequadros

Your friend needs to turn the iPod into the local police. He legally doesn't own it at this point, and it's quite possible the real owner has filed a lost property report with the police to try and recover it. It's also possible that it was stolen and the thief dropped or abandoned it, in which case you could be charged with holding stolen property should you ever be found out.

Regards.

May 22, 2013 9:37 AM in response to Nataliequadros

Without knowing what happen when you try I really can't give any advice.

A 3G can go to iOS 5.1.1

However, may users thing that have a 3G when they really have a 2G. A 2G can only go to 4.2.1

Identifying iPod models

iPod touch (3rd generation)

iPod touch (3rd generation) features a 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display and 32 GB or 64 GB flash drive. You can browse the web with Safari and watch YouTube videos with Wi-Fi. You can also search, preview, and buy songs from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store on iPod touch.

The iPod touch (3rd generation) can be distinguished from iPod touch (2nd generation) by looking at the back of the device. In the text below the engraving, look for the model number. iPod touch (2nd generation) is model A1288, and iPod touch (3rd generation) is model A1318.

Can anyone help, please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.