Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple 23" Cinema Display HD (Aluminium DVI)

I have just bought an Apple 23" Cinema HD Display (Aluminium DVI) and bought an official DVI to Display Port (not mini DP) and plugged it into my Macbook (White Non-Unibody), the display is detected but the screen does not turn on. If there is a solution to me getting the screen to display an image, I would appreciate greatly any advice!

Thanks!

Posted on May 22, 2013 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2013 9:40 AM

➕: My MacBook is running Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

5 replies

May 22, 2013 11:16 PM in response to Malcolm J. Rayfield

Thanks for the reply,

1. That adaptor is the one I have bought!

2. Yes the power adapter is connected.

3. Every cable from the power cord is connected (Mini DVI, USB, Firewire)

4. Yes, I tried that and it only brought one window over to my MacBook's screen from the Cinema Display; Cinema Display HD Preferences.

I have literally tried so much, to try and get this display to work; including a fresh install of Mac OS X, PRAM reset, etc.

May 23, 2013 10:36 AM in response to Malcolm J. Rayfield

Hello again,

The display power light starts off flashing with the short,short,short pattern when it turns on then it goes solid meaning it should be ok.

I should probably call Apple but I'm pretty sure that they do not give support for devices before 2005 in which the display is from 2005 and is under the "discontinued" section.

I'll give it a go!

Thanks for your support!

Apple 23" Cinema Display HD (Aluminium DVI)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.