Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update my Aperture 2 to Aperture 3?

Can I update my Aperture 2 to Aperture 3 or do I have to purchase the new version?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 22, 2013 11:24 AM

3 replies

May 22, 2013 11:51 AM in response to Old Cat

Can I update my Aperture 2 to Aperture 3 or do I have to purchase the new version?

There is no price reduction for the update if you already own Aperture 2, you will have to buy the full version, but Aperture 3 bought from the AppStore is no longer quite so expensive as Aperture 3 used to be. Don't buy the boxed retail version.

Not all Aperture plug-ins are compatible with the newest Aperture 3 versions. Before you upgrade, check, if your favorite plug-ins are compatible with Aperture 3.4.4.

Aperture 3.4 and later: Some third-party plug-ins are no longer compatible

Regards

Léonie

If you decide to upgrade, read the release notes in this document: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2518

Scroll down all the way to the section

"Additional Information: A note on upgrading your Aperture library".

Don't upgrade without taking some precautions: Repair the Aperture 2 library unsing Aperture 2 before you upgrade and backup the Aperture 2 library and the Aperture application, just in case. The upgrade will require a major rebuilding of your Aperture 2 library.

How do I update my Aperture 2 to Aperture 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.