Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto update needed, but none available...

My iCloud menu shows that I need to update my Photo Stream, but when I go to the App Store to do so, it says "No update available."

Until I either update Photo Stream or iCloud recognizes that it's already up to date, I can't share photos on the stream. 😕

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009)

Posted on May 22, 2013 2:32 PM

5 replies

May 22, 2013 7:46 PM in response to Old Toad

Sorry, I meant to say update iPhoto. I'm running iPhoto version 8.1.2. This is the message I receive in the iCloud menu about the iPhoto update:

User uploaded file

So it tells me to update from the App Store:

User uploaded file

But then I get this message:

User uploaded file

I may have spoken too soon, because I don't have an iPhone yet so I haven't tested using iCloud to send photos to iPhoto. I just assumed since I can't set it up on my computer yet that it won't work when I get an iPhone next month.

Thanks for your reply

May 22, 2013 7:57 PM in response to Kareem S.

Photo Stream requires OSX 10.7.5 and iPhoto '11 - version 9.2.2

Shared PhotoStream requires OSX 10.8.2 and iPhoto '11 version version 9.4.x

Since you have iPhoto '09 you need to purchase an upgrade to iPhoto '11 and you may need to upgrade your OS - what version do you have?

See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4486?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US for FAQs and troubleshooting links

LN

iPhoto update needed, but none available...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.