Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD hardrive in a black macbook model A1181?

Wanted to put in a SSD harddrive in my old black Macbook 13" from 2006. Anybody have experience in doing this?

When I fire up my old macbook it can not find the SATA harddrive that is currently in it. So I thought it might be broken and that the reason for an "upgrade" to a SSD harddrive. BUT then someone told me that it might be the controller? that it broken.?

I really want the old beatiful Macbook up and running - but maybe not spend millions and spend hours in wain.

cheers

Stokko

Posted on May 22, 2013 2:42 PM

6 replies

May 22, 2013 3:02 PM in response to Stokko

Can you boot the computer from an OS CD? If you can run Disk Utility and try to repair the hard drive.

Installing a SSD is relatively easy, but you will need a #00 Phillips screw driver and a #8 Torx driver. There are many guides, including videos to help you. Just google.

Here's one;

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2011/08/how-to-speed-up-an-aging-macbook-with-a-sol id-state-drive/

You will be thrilled with the performance boost.

Jan 18, 2015 7:30 AM in response to Csound1

Thanx Csound1 for your answer;

OOps, sorry , missunderstanding ; nothing works bad, i did not yet baught and install the SSD, i just plan, to replace my HD 2,5 inside, by an SSD...

So if you confirm that ANY SSD sata III will boot inside a macbook that have a SATA II standard;;;; im very excting to do it; it should work, just need to make a migration of the hard drive, thats it ; -).

And i guess, as everybody says.... it will goes much more faster ; -)

Cheers

Jerome

SSD hardrive in a black macbook model A1181?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.