Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When you buy an app on the AppStore, do you have to pay again to get the same app on a different ios device?

I have Minecraft Pocket edition and I want it on my other device.

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 22, 2013 4:36 PM

7 replies

May 22, 2013 4:50 PM in response to Jayjay773

As long as you download the app with the ID that you bought it with, yoy will not be charged again. But you must be logged into that ID in order to do this. If you switch ID's after you download the app, you will not be charged because yoy downloaded an app with th other ID.

Note that if you switch ID's in order to download apps without paying form them again (using somebody else's ID) you can lock yourself out of your own ID for 90 days.

When you buy an app on the AppStore, do you have to pay again to get the same app on a different ios device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.