Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to sync my iTunes to my new iPhone 4S. It tells me it's synced with another I tines library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with I tunes library. Like I said the one I have connected to the computer is new. Please help me

I am trying to sync my iTunes to my new iPhone 4S It tells me my phone is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPhone sync with this iTunes library? Like I said its new... I don't understand...please help.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 22, 2013 6:21 PM

6 replies

May 22, 2013 6:44 PM in response to Mrydbsn

It will erase these things as per http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386:

What you can sync

• Applications
  • Audio content—music, podcasts, audiobooks, and iTunes U content
  • Bookmarks
  • Books
  • Contacts
  • Calendars
  • Movies and TV shows
  • Photos
  • Notes
  • Documents (File Sharing apps only)
  • Ringtones

If it's new and has nothing in it, then there's nothing to worry about. You may proceed with the "erase and sync". Cheers!

Oct 5, 2015 6:30 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for this information. I have a new iTunes library on my new laptop. My question is if I "erase and sync" because I get the message that my iPhone 5 is connected to my old iTunes library; then will I still have synced my contacts and apps?

When I back-up my iPhone on my new laptop and try to leave the iPhone summary page; then I get this message. I cancel the "erase and sync" request.

Do you know if my iPhone has indeed been backed-up on my laptop from the information I gave you? I want to make sure I do not have any problems when I upgrade to a new iPhone.

Thank you for your time.

I am trying to sync my iTunes to my new iPhone 4S. It tells me it's synced with another I tines library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with I tunes library. Like I said the one I have connected to the computer is new. Please help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.