Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My WiFi connection suddenly went on my Macbook(late 2009) just now and cannot get it to turn back ON?

It was working and then when I picked it up, the WiFi signal suddenly turned OFF. So I went to System Prwferences>Networks and tried the Assistant and then the Advanced mode and I could see that WiFi was OFF. It told me that, I had no WiFi hardware installed. It works with an Ethernet connection but not with WiFi. WiFi would NOT turn ON. Can anyone with experience in the field help me? I am suspecting that my Airport card went.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 22, 2013 7:17 PM

2 replies

May 22, 2013 7:32 PM in response to davesnewlion

To whoever just posted to my problem before I left 2 minutes ago: it isn't working and as I stated in the original post, My Airport may be broken. It may olso mean that whilst using an Apple App Store purchased VPN last night to watch American content Netflix that some snake on the other side of the globe disabled my Airport. I don't realy know at all what may be wrong with this Macbook. Worse case scenario is a broken Airport.

May 23, 2013 4:46 AM in response to davesnewlion

to all who have taken the time and effort to read my post....thank you. I was certain last night that I would be taking my Macbook into the Apple Store 7 hours drive from my location. I last used it with an Ethernet connection last night. I am up eary and I just turned it on and the WiFi is working again. ?? ???? ?? I have no idea.

Thanks to the firt person who replied especially and gave some suggestions. I am going to take it in to an Apple store in Toronto soon and leave it with them fo a couple of days. (I even deleted my VPN and it is a paid suscription).

My WiFi connection suddenly went on my Macbook(late 2009) just now and cannot get it to turn back ON?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.