Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipfw counters not being updated

Hello:

Recently, I've been playing with ipfw and after removing my rules I noticed that the counters for rule 65535, the default rule, were no longer being updated despite the fact that that network traffic was passing into and out of my mac. Given that rule 65535 can't be modified, and there were no rules in the firewall when I started, I don't understand why the counters are no longer be updated. As far as I know, there isn't a sysctl entity that controls the rule counters, and besides I haven't altered any of the values.

So my questions are: What might I have done to prevent the counters from being updated? and What must I do to have the counters updated?

regards,

eh

Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on May 23, 2013 1:08 AM

There are no replies.

ipfw counters not being updated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.