Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help a novice! I have created a drop-down list in excel on my mac. I need to use this spreadsheet on my iPad using numbers. however the ipad doesn't accept the dropdown list. Any suggestions how I can get around this? Thanks!

Please help a novice! I have created a drop-down list in an excel spreadsheet on my mac. I need to use this spreadsheet on my iPad 3 via numbers. However the ipad/numbers doesn't accept the dropdown list. Any suggestions how I can get around this? Thanks!

Posted on May 23, 2013 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2013 3:20 AM

Try using some other iPad app designed to read excel files, there are a bunch of them.

2 replies

May 23, 2013 10:13 AM in response to lavender2013

I don't know if it is possible to directly import an Excel spreadsheet having drop down lists.

However, there is a way to create a DDL on iPad Numbers:

- tap on Cell

- tap the paintbrush symbol (top right side)

- choose "Format"

- select "Pop-up menu"

What I'd try

- try to find an app / tool that can convert DDLs from XL to iOS Numbers

- or enter the DDL manually, if it is not too much work.

Please help a novice! I have created a drop-down list in excel on my mac. I need to use this spreadsheet on my iPad using numbers. however the ipad doesn't accept the dropdown list. Any suggestions how I can get around this? Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.