Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone doesn't ring

Hi, my Iphone doesn't ring when in the locked setting, but will ring if it is not locked.

It just goes straight to voicemail.

I've tried reseting network settings but it doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Frustrated

iPhone 4S, on Everything Everywhere network

Posted on May 23, 2013 6:27 AM

7 replies

Oct 6, 2015 9:19 PM in response to freddys fire

My iPhone 5s will not ring whether locked or unlocked. I tried all the suggestions but it still won't ring. I used Do Not Disturb once and cannot turn it off. The choice "Only while iPhone is locked" cannot be unchecked. I am getting calls only when I check voice mail and that is too late. This seems to be an ongoing problem with Apple. I don't understand why this problem can' be fixed. It has apparently been around since iPhone 4.

Feb 22, 2016 6:47 PM in response to BlondeFox

I recently had the problem that my iPhone6 wouldn't ring for calls nor beep for texts. I thought I tried everything even checked the Do Not Disturb (DND) in the settings. It was off. Then I read to check the DND on the close screen.

Swipe up from close screen, make sure the DND is not lit. If lit touch it to turn off.

My settings stated that DND was off but my button was lit when I swiped up. Seems to be working fine now.

Feb 22, 2016 6:53 PM in response to freddys fire

I know this is old and you've probably figured something out by now but this I did not know and my phone was doing the same thing.

I recently had the problem that my iPhone6 wouldn't ring for calls nor beep for texts in the off mode. I thought I tried everything even checked the Do Not Disturb (DND) in the settings. It was off. Then I read to check the DND on the OFF screen.

Swipe up from OFF screen, make sure the DND is not lit. If lit touch it to turn off.

My settings stated that DND was off but my button was lit when I'd swiped up on the OFF screen. Seems to be working fine now.

Edit

iphone doesn't ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.